cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Default Policy applied at My Org or Global Root

Does the McAfee Default Policy override the duplicated and customized policy that is applied at the same group (I.E. My Organization). McSHield.exe is added to customized policy. Is the source of the events McAfee Default Policy?? ISSUE: Exclusion of McShield.exe is not included in the VSE 880>AP>McAfee Default>Prevent modification of McAfee Common Management Agent files and settings. The customer is receiving >100K a day (Event ID 1092) where THREAT NAME: Common Standard Protection: Prevent modification of McAfee Common Management Agent files and settings THREAT SOURC PROCESS NAME: C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\MCAFEE\SYSTEMCORE\MCSHIELD.EXE THREAT TARGET FILE PATH: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\NETWORK ASSOCIATES\TVD\SHARED COMPONENTS\FRAMEWORK\
3 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Default Policy applied at My Org or Global Root

You can easily see which policy is applied to the machine, by navigating in ePO to the system affected. Selecting Actions > Directory Management > View effective policies

You can also check that the policy is being applied by navigating to the local VSE console.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

The response directs one to the determination of the applied policy. It does not directly answer the question, when the same policy name is applied My Organization and at the Global Root and a setting is 0 in the policy applied at My Organization and the setting is 1 in the policy applied at Global Root, which policy setting has precedence? Or to simplify, which policy application location has precedence, My Org or Global Root?
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

KB85924 describes issues with global root policies missing. Basically, the global root assignments are the my default policies of the point products. When you manually assign a policy at my org level, that takes precedence.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community