cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lfah2000
Level 10

McAfee Agents do not communicate with the ePO server

Hi,

I installed ePO 5.9 (with SQL 2014) on a Windows 2012R2 server.

I am able to deplay an agent to a system, but the system does not communicate with the epo server.

I use port 8080 for the Agent-to-server communication and I suspect this to be the problem. This port is used by Apache also.

This port is on customer request because the customer says it is the port that is currently configured for the agent to server communication.

I installed a VM and had the same issue, after changing the port I did have communication.

Is it possible to use port 8080 for the Agent to server communication within ePO?

Regards,

Lfah2000

0 Kudos
5 Replies
tao
Level 13

Re: McAfee Agents do not communicate with the ePO server

The Agent wake-up & Agent broadcast communication port can be modified; navigate to Configuration <> Server Settings <> Edit Ports.

For the Agent-server communication port; take a look at: McAfee Corporate KB - How to change the ePolicy Orchestrator agent-to-server communication port KB67...

0 Kudos
lfah2000
Level 10

I already did that.

Is it possible to use port 8080 for the agent-to-server communication port.

During the installation there is no warning that this port cannot be used.

0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

I don't believe there is a port limitation; as long as that specific port is not being used or blocked by another service you should be able to use it.

0 Kudos
lfah2000
Level 10

When I use MA 5.0.4 and VSE 8.8P8 everything is working.

Installing only MA 5.0.5 also works (communication with ePO). Installing VSE 8.8P9 also works until the first Collect and Send Properties. This will result in an error and the system will not communicate again.

Trying to solve this issue with McAfee support.

0 Kudos
lfah2000
Level 10

Hi I still have this issue and McAfee support is also working on this.

The clients do not communicate with the epo server and the agent status monitor shows this result:

Error.png

McAfee Agent 5.0.4 does work. Agent 5.0.5 and 5.0.6 give above error.

0 Kudos