cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Agent

How can i temporarily disable the McAfee agent on a user's asset?
3 Replies
cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Agent

You first have to disable self protection in the agent general policy.  Once that is done, you can stop the mcafee agent service in services.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Being a brand n00b untrained administrator of McAfee I would need a tab more specific guidance of where to go, i dont see any Self Protection anywhere or anything saying Services either.

If you know of any documentation or videos that can help those would be greatly appreciated also.

Thank you.

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

In the epo console system tree, highlight the system you are working with, then actions, agent, modifiy or edit policies on a single system.  Choose mcafee agent, general policy.  Edit assignment, break inheritance, then click on new policy, duplicating the existing one that is assigned.  One of the settings in that policy is to enable self protection.  Once you save that new policy (name it to identify it as self-protection disabled), make sure that is the one then assigned to that system.  Send the system a wakeup call (from actions, agent, wakeup agent).  

On the client then that you are working on, go to start, run, type services.msc and that will bring up the services so you can go to mcafee agent and stop that service.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community