cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Agent not updating on RHEL

I am having an issue with several of my RHEL boxes. I am unable to push the new McAfee Agent update to these boxes. The client task hangs and ends with a message expired error. The agent is communicating to the ePO server and I even went on the box itself to manually force it to collect properties. Any help would be appreciated. 

5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee Agent not updating on RHEL

What version of RHEL and agent?  Does it also fail if you use an assigned client task vs run client task now or deploy agent?  On the client, check /var/McAfee/agent/logs for the masvc log when it received and ran the task, then mcscript or mscript deploy log, if it exists, to see any errors.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

So I was able to push the update by doing it as a assigned task and not a run task now. I'm having another issue where I'm not able to deploy the agent to the RHEL Server. The RHEL server has an agent on it so I tried to delete it and remove the agent. When I deleted it, the server did not remove the agent and now won't show up in ePO anymore. 

I am running RHEL 7.6 and am trying to push Agent 5.6.1

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

How specifically did you try to delete the agent? 

Linux /opt/McAfee/agent/scripts/uninstall.sh

You can also use below commands to remove individual packages.

rpm -e MFEdx

rpm -e MFEcma

rpm -e MFErt

Run the commands in the listed order.

Make sure there are no remnants left before trying to install the agent again.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I tried to remove it via ePO. Delete from directory and had the remove agent on next communication checked. I will try your suggestions. Thanks.
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Yea, that method never removes the agent completely, it only takes it out of managed mode.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community