Did you mean: 
hippy
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Agent for Solaris

Jump to solution

Hello,

I can create a MA for Windows from the ePO console . I take it it is not possible to do this for Solaris?

Onto my second point in the evaluations section on the McAfee site there is a MA 4.0 for Solaris. Will this report into ePO 4.5?

Thirdly is there a MA 4.5 available for Solaris?  Sorry for the questions but not much experience of non Windows.

Hippy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Agent for Solaris

Jump to solution

I can create a MA for Windows from the ePO console . I take it it is not possible to do this for Solaris?

Correct

Onto my second point in the evaluations section on the McAfee site there is a MA 4.0 for Solaris. Will this report into ePO 4.5?

Yes

Thirdly is there a MA 4.5 available for Solaris?  Sorry for the questions but not much experience of non Windows.

Yes, there is - current version IS 4.5 patch 2. This should be on your download page.

HTH -

Joe

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Correct

Yes

Yes, there is - current version IS 4.5 patch 2. This should be on your download page.

HTH -

Joe

hippy
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks Joe,

Is there an eval version of 4.5 patch2 for Solaris available?

Can't see one on the site.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

None that I know of, no... as far as I know there's never been any eval versions of the agent: it should be available as part of your normal entitlement...

Can you not see it on your normal download page, under McAfee Agent 4.5?

Regards -

Joe