cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Agent for Mac OS communication issues

Hello,

has anyone here have experience with resolving issues with McAfee Agent on Mac OS devices? For some time now I am running into situations were the McAfee Agent installed on Apple systems is not responding to the "run client task now" command (failed) or "wake up" ePO function.  This is happening with different Agent and os versions, quite recently with Agent 5.5.1.374 and OS 10.14.3

Any solutions or troubleshooting steps that come to mind? 

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee Agent for Mac OS communication issues

Is this happening only for MAC machines or with others also? Probably ePO server log and MA logs will help us.  Please be careful while posting logs in public forum as it may contain your internal network information or may contact support.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

That's the thing, the issue appears to be specific to MAC OS only. My experience was that the Windows systems do not show this behaviour at all. I thought it has something to do with the Agent version but upgrades have not affected it.

I will try to get a hold of logs any maybe open SR.

sw41
Level 10
Message 4 of 6

what version of macOS? Sounds like SIP or Kernel Extension config may be part of the problem.

In the most recent test the OS version was 10.14.3, however after a closer look I have experienced same bahaviour from a Windows system, so I need to rethink this. Interesting is all those systems are reporting in regular intervals, just not talking in response to not schedueld wake ups or run tasks now. I feel like I'm missing something.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

What version of the agent are you running?  The only versions supported on Mojave is 5.5.1 with hotfix 1248290 or 5.6.  You also might want to see if there are any firewall settings on the mac that might prevent the wakeups.  Do you get any errors when trying to do a wakeup, such as wakeup feature is not enabled?  The agent logs also on the client will show if it even receives it or not.  If the setting in the agent policy is set to accept connections only from epo server, that also might cause it to fail.  You would see that in the agent log where it rejects the connection.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community