Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sohel
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

McAfee Agent and Win10 installtion issue

I'm having issue where after an installation of McAfee agent it failed to communicate with ePO server.

It's happening in WIN10 machines and only when machine is getting build thorugh SCCM.

any ideas? below is the command I'm using for installation:

Framepkg.exe /install=agent /silent

7 Replies

Re: McAfee Agent and Win10 installtion issue

When you lookup the settings in the agent do you see the right ePO / AH set?

Best regards
Dan
Sohel
Level 7
Message 3 of 8

no, I don't see my ePO listed in Agent properties.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

What kind of errors show in the agent logs (c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs)?  Check also the agent product guide.  It has instructions for deploying through 3rd party methods which is different than just running framepkg with those parameters.

Sohel
Level 7
Message 5 of 8

Do you know the name of the log file? I'm seeing several in [c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs].

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

The masvc log will show communication failures.  You also need to match those error time frames with the server log on epo or agent handler that it is trying to connect to for any errors there.  You basically have 2 types of failures.

1.  The agent is completely unable to connect to epo - no response or connection attempt is seen on the epo server.

2.  The agent connects, but is rejected for one reason or another.

Server logs are located in install directory for epo under epolicy orchestrator\db\logs.  It is the server_servername.log

Update failures are seen in the mcscript.log - it will show what repository it tried to update from and whether it could reach it or not.  You also have a couple of types of failures there too.

1.  Unable to reach or get files from a repository

2.  It gets files and hands off the installer to point product and it fails on the point product side to install.

Sohel
Level 7
Message 7 of 8

I have the logs from failed machine, is there anyway I can upload them here? I'm not seeing any upload options. please advise.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

We do not recommend uploading files here, as this is a public forum and logs contain sensitive company information that should not be posted as such.  Please open a ticket with McAfee and upload the data to the SR.