cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Agent WakeUp by Agent Handler

We have few Agent connection by Agent Handler, How do we make wake call to these Agents. Because they are from far away to ePO server.

15 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 16

Re: McAfee Agent WakeUp by Agent Handler

When you send a wakeup call to these machines, you'll see that there is an option to use either "last connected agent handler" or "all agent handlers". If you leave it on "last connected", as long as the machine has not moved and the agent handler can see it - i.e it's not behind a NAT device, for example - then the wakeup call should succeed.

HTH -

Joe

metalhead
Level 12
Message 3 of 16

@Joe

But isn´t that only an option to which AH the client should report back ?

Afaik the Wakeup-Call itself (same as agent push install) is done through the ePO Master.

Nachricht geändert durch metalhead on 19.05.11 13:30:14 MESZ
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 16

No, both wakeup calls and agent installs can be carried out by agent handlers   If you look at the configuration page for a send agent install, at the bottom you'll see that you can choose which handler to use to send the install - the wakeup call works in a similar way.

HTH -

Joe

metalhead
Level 12
Message 5 of 16

I would be very pleased if it works like that

I always interpreted "connect using" as the way the client will initially talk back to the server/ah, but not for deployment.

Re-reading the AH Whitepaper also shows your description:

"Agent handlers check the work queue frequently (approximately every ten seconds)

and perform the requested action. Typical actions include agent wake-ups, deployments, and

data channel messages."

Thanks for this one

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 16

No problem

Regards -

Joe

I have short question: If the agent is outside of DMZ( mean is at the internet client is more than 1000) Which option do you recommend to use?! and what is best to do agent wakeup?

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 16

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand the question - can you clarify a bit?

Thanks -

Joe

Hi

is Simple like this: We setup a few Agent Handleron the DMZ, then have some agents( almost 1000) connect to DMZ's AH from internet. Because of Company's Policy, we only allow AH thur Firewall. So can we do agent wakeup from AH  or have other way to do it?  Hope you get the idea!

Thanks

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 16

I think so

You'll definitely need to allow traffic outbound from the AH on the agent wakeup port, which is 8081 by default: if you can't do that then wakeup calls will not be possible

HTH -

Joe