cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Agent Updater 5.5.1.342 freezes in some clients

Hi,

I recently installed ePO server on Windows Server 2012R2, configured and pushed the MA 5.5.1.342 to the clients of my network (about 25), some are Windows 7 PRO and some are Windows 10 PRO (1803).

Premise that MA is distribuited to all the clients easily (MS Active Directory is present in the environment), i'm able to push ENS (10.6) to many of them. Some other don't receive the ENS from the ePO and i install from standalone package downloaded from ePO server. It installs easily. If i try to run an update from the client, it freezes and i can't stop it, only if i reboot.

I tried to uninstalla ENS, agent and clean registry and folders, reboot and re-install all. Nothing to do!

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Nicolò

15 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 16

Re: McAfee Agent Updater 5.5.1.342 freezes in some clients

I would recommend opening a ticket with McAfee as this is going to need some investigation and logs.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Already opened, but no one answered...

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 16

What is the SR number and I will check it

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

SR is:

4-19029156101

Thanks!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 16

I will email you some next steps and continue discussion through the SR.  The update runs, and just quits in the middle of trying to get files, but there are no events in the windows logs.  This is the only message type that shows an issue:

2018-07-17 09:56:11.602 masvc(4092.4548) Updater.Info: Updater engine exited with exit status as -1073740940 and  term signal 0.
2018-07-17 09:56:11.606 masvc(4092.4548) scheduler.Info: Scheduler: Task [{d9c0c702-8996-11e8-2f2f-96b89c9cf6c0}] is finished

This could be related to a 3rd party product interfering or permissions somewhere, so this will require some additional data.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks so much, in effect i saw the same trace on the logs..  meanwhile i tried uninstalling ENS and MA, cleaning all windows registry and windows files (temp, ecc.). Then i reinstalled MA, and all was ok, the ePO can see all client properties. I tried to distribute the ENS and it failed, can't install on client. I wish we could do a desktop share to investigate.

Thanks so much!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 16

we can do that, when would be a good time?  I can send you a webex invite. 

Was my reply helpful?

Hi here it is +1 time zone (ROME). From  8.00 AM to 5.00 PM.

Thanks

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community