cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Agent Monitor equivalent on Mac OS

We have been running ePO 4 to manage our Windows clients happily for a while. We are just starting to use it for our Mac clients as well. I find it helpful sometimes to use the "McAfee Agent Monitor" (CmdAgent.exe /s) on Windows to see what is going on with the agent, enforce policies, etc. However, I can't find any equivalent on the Mac. I can see the logs (/Library/McAfee/cma/scratch/etc/log), but can't interact further, such as enforcing policies, etc. Is there a way to do the same with the Mac agent?

Thanks,

Craig
6 Replies

RE: McAfee Agent Monitor equivalent on Mac OS

If you have a McAfee icon under MacOS you can try to enforce the MA policy from ePO that also shows MA icon

Thanks, but the setting in ePO for displaying the McAfee icon explicitly states it is Windows only.

curious if you've found something?

No, nothing yet. Stuck with watching the log and manually waking up an agent through the ePO console.

Re: RE: McAfee Agent Monitor equivalent on Mac OS

I'm guessing this still hasn't changed?  Anybody know of any plans for the future?

Andrew

Highlighted
TonyK
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 7

Re: RE: McAfee Agent Monitor equivalent on Mac OS

I have also heard nothing about them making an agent monitor tool on the client.  It would be nice, but I don't know of an ETA on such a tool.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community