Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 38

Re: McAfee Agent Installation on VDI Systems

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

* McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10.6.1.1340.1_standalone_client_install. I need to run the "setupEP" file which will ask me what modules I install. ---- Correct

* Adaptive_Threat_Protection_10.6.1.1421.1_client. And I need to run the "setupATP" file to install ATP. ..Absolutely Correct

You have downloaded the correct files.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a KudosAlso, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted

Alright, understood now. For persistent VMs, do we need to upgrade the Agent on Master Image? or is it just a normal upgrade procedure?  

And I have been told that for Citrix XenApp server, the server has to be put in install/user mode. Are you aware of this? Do you know procedure on your side to do it? 

Thanks for all the help. 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 24 of 38

See KB88533.  On the master image, you would upgrade the agent using framepkg.exe /install=agent /enablevdimode

For putting Citrix in install mode, this page has some good recommendations:

https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/285035-how-to-install-an-application

The one thing you need to do is ensure you do the install while in install mode. this is done automatically if you do the install from the "Add remove programs"

i prefer to do the change manually though.

Open command prompt as admin and type
"Change user /install"

this puts the system in install mode, do your install.
When done in the same window run
"change user /execute"
or reboot puts it back in execute mode as well.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 25 of 38

Wait - I missed your comment "persistent vm's".  Enablevdimode is only for non-persistent ones.  If the vm is persistent, you would just upgrade the agent on the master as you would normally upgrade any agent.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Thanks cdinet. Does Citrix XenApp have master image too, same as the VDI? 

Or we will do the upgrade in each of the XenApp servers?

Thinking of creating a script with the following:

change user /install

Agent+ENSInstaller.exe (Package created out of McAfee Package Creator tool)

change user /execute

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 27 of 38

I am not that familiar with Citrix and how they do their images.  If it is persistent and there is a gold image for it, then you can install the agent without vdi mode.  I am not sure about how you have created your package, so the only thing I can suggest is test it out.  You have to ensure there is enough pause so the agent install will finish before ens install starts.  

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Is this KB related to Citrix Master Image? 

https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB89849

Should I also perform it?

We tested the upgrade to ENS to 1 non prod server and it is a persistent image. The master image seems to be having communication issue with ePO. The server using the master image is running fine.

Thanks.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 29 of 38

Hello,

Thanks for your response!

You can refer that KB article.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89849&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f... 

registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\AVSolution\Install_Reference

so irrespective of VM platform it should work.

In the above KB article you will get information in regards to the :McAfee Agent 5.x on an image

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a KudosAlso, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted

Should I also do what's in this KB article KB84356 (McAfee Agent 5.x on an image)? And are the 2 KB articles applicable to persistent and non persistent VDI Image? 

Thanks. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community