cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Agent Communication failed

Getting the following error when a workgroup agent tries to communicate with the epo server in the server.log on the epo server "

ePOData_Connection.cpp(864): COM Error 0x80040E10, source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, desc=Procedure or function 'EPODirSort_

SearchCreateComputer' expects parameter '@NewNodeAllowed', which was not supplied., msg=IDispatch error #3088"

Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

I have tried with a fresh agent installation.

The agent has IP and DNS Connectivity to the epo server.

Best Regards

Jesper

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: McAfee Agent Communication failed

That's an error message between the ePO server and sql server.

It actually suggests ePO is trying to write data with a missing parameter through a stored procedure or function.

That should only happen if the DB or stored procedure were mis-matched in terms of version compared to the ePOserver, as the Sp/Fn mentioned is one of the core components (i.e. it's about ePO not a point product).

It's not about the agent on what can be seen so reinstalling the agent won't help. I'd hazard a guess and say it occurs when this new machine is attempted to be sorted into the ePO system tree.

Perhaps you have made a disaster recovery of the ePO server or database recently ?

Otherwise on that info it's not possible to say more about the cause or resolution.

You may be looking at opening a support call, as this is quite unusual to see.

Its only this single agent thats causing this. Havent seen it being caused by any other agents.

We have recently upgraded from ePO 4.6 to ePO 5.1.

You dont happen to have any kind of workaround?

Best Regards

Jesper

Could disabling system tree sorting solve it?

Best Regards

Jesper

As I mentioned - Otherwise on that info it's not possible to say more about the cause or resolution.

You would be best speaking to support I think.

Ill give it a shot at support

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community