cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Agent Certifcate Check

Jump to solution

Hello! Recently I have upgraded the McAfee ePO from the 5.3.2 to 5.9.1 Version. After completing the upgrade process, I started to migrate from SHA-1 to SHA-2 certificates as recommended in KB87017. What I would like to know is, if there is another way to see if system has been migrated to the SHA-2 certificate aside from the ePO Certificate Manager that shows systems that were not migrated yet. In particular, is there any way to figure it out locally on the system if it has the new certificate? I tried that on a system that already was migrated, among other things by looking into the file cabundle.cer in C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent, but it was still mentioning the SHA-1 certificate. Does anyone here has experience with that? Thanks in advance for any advice that might clarify this subject!

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Agent Certifcate Check

Jump to solution

Until the migration is complete, the clients will have both sha1 and sha2 certs.  When migration is complete, the cert will show sha256.  I don't know of a way to check locally to see if the client received it other than what epo shows in cert manager.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

1 Reply
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Agent Certifcate Check

Jump to solution

Until the migration is complete, the clients will have both sha1 and sha2 certs.  When migration is complete, the cert will show sha256.  I don't know of a way to check locally to see if the client received it other than what epo shows in cert manager.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator