cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Agent 5.x use of port 80

Jump to solution

Hi,

Latest version of KB66797 (06/11/2019), the McAfee Agent table (screenshot below) seems to indicate that only Agent 4.x uses port 80.

I thought in general that Agent comms to the ePO server/AH were port 80 for repository pulls, and port 443 for secure comms (general agent comms and sending events etc).  

Does Agent 5.x use port 443 for everything now, including repository pulls?

Many thanks,

McAfeeAgent.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee Agent 5.x use of port 80

Jump to solution

Yes, it uses 443 for repository functions to epo server as well as communication.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Yes, it uses 443 for repository functions to epo server as well as communication.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Cheers cdinet,

So just to confirm - 5.x doesnt use the 'non-secure' agent to server port (80 by default) at all? 

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

correct

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor Pmaquoi
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

i would like to add that the agent will use the port you have configured into EPO. It is always a best practice to  modify those ports when using EPO and McAfee agent to custom one.

See this

ePO Guide

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community