Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petedc
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

McAfee Agent 5.5.x data collection

Several months ago I remember reading somewhere that starting with MA 5.5.x and above the agent will start collecting additional client data, including the system Model Number.  I thought that was great since we really have no need for all the additional features of SIR and it's complexity, and folks without Platimum support will be able to gather this very useful information.

BUT, I have been searching for that information all morning and I cannot find it anywhere.  Does anyone here remember seeing that document about gathering additional client data?  Makes me feel like I am losing my mind. ;>)

Thanks, Pete

4 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee Agent 5.5.x data collection

I can't find anything like that either.  The only thing I found about additional agent properties is in the ma 5.5.0 release notes.

Improved agent properties McAfee Agent 5.5.0 now collects and reports Agent Install Time property.

If you look at PD27725, that is the 5.5.1 interface reference guide for epo cloud.  It has a list of all the properties that the agent collects, which is the same as the on-prem agent properties collected. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
petedc
Level 9
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for checking, I know it was listed somewhere because I remember talking to my coworker about it.

Now that I am thinking about it further, there is a site where you could enter Ideas or suggestions to be included in future releases of the software.  McAfee Ideas I think it was.

I just did a search on that site and found this:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Business-Ideas/Machine-Make-on-Model-details/idi-p/585329

Acceptance date is showing as 3/9/18

So it seems it is planned but has probably fallen behind on implementation, since it states "These properties are planned for inclusion in an upcoming monor release of MA."

I feel so much better now that I know I am not going crazy Smiley Wink

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Lol that is good to know!  I'm not going crazy either not being able to find it. 🙂

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor bodysoda
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

MA 5.5 has 8 custom attribute which you would use to store what every information in interest. I wrote (mostly reused existing code) which collects information from server and stores it on the MA custom propery.

Our purpose was to identify which version AV installed (custom 1), last reboot time (custom 2), DNS address setting (custom 3), we run this script on all server every day to keep the information upto date.

Sample snippet here. I'm use you could get WMI query to collect the make,model etc

#Author Balaji VP
#For CustomField3 - Get the Last Boot Time
[string]$CustomField3=[Management.ManagementDateTimeConverter]::ToDateTime((Get-WmiObject Win32_OperatingSystem).LastBootUpTime) -split(",")[0]
.\maconfig.exe -custom -prop3 $CustomField3

Check out this article for useful WMI query https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askperf/2012/02/17/useful-wmic-queries/ 

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator