Did you mean: 
gmc_za
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

McAfee Agent 4 Patch 2 release notes

5 Replies

RE: McAfee Agent 4 Patch 2 release notes

I also saw the McAfee Agent 4 Patch 2 release note this morning but checked that download is still not available today.

Known issues
Known issues in this release of the software are described below:
l Issue: On systems with EMC’s Power Path software installed, the McAfee Agent fails to start and
the error message “Cannot generate keypair” appears in the Agent_<system name> log file.

Well, that's a showstopper right there. I haven't found this issue so far with Agent 4 Patch 1 - has anyone else encountered this problem pre-patch 2?

Saw this in the Release Note too.

"Workaround: The McAfee Agent must be rolled back to Common Management Agent version
3.6.0 Patch 4 for the systems with EMC's Power Path software installed."

And wonder why would McAfee recommend rolling all the way back to this version?

We've not identified this error on any Windows system with EMC Power path ( and we have plenty ), and are current at 4.0.0.1345, and have been for a long while.
6910p
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

Any news when McAfee are going to solve this? we now have an issue with 8.5i and PowerPath 5.2 sp1.

The agent can't connect to the EPO server. so won't update or retrieve its policies. quite worried about our cluster at the moment.

From the KB Here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60775

"A solution for this issue will be included in the McAfee Agent 4.5 release, which is currently targeted for release in late Q2 2009."