cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Agent 4.8 & Software Manager

I'm running ePO 4.6.6 Build 176 and checked in the McAfee Agent software according to the instructions.  I'm now showing this in my software manager for everything related to the McAfee Agent:

Capture.JPG

Notice that the Checked In version is 4.8 but it shows the Available Version as only 4.6.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

5 Replies
hem
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee Agent 4.8 & Software Manager

Per KB#: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB77260

MA 4.8 will be available in software manager in Q2 2013

The snap is below.

-------------------

MA 4.8 is currently available only from the McAfee Downloads site at: http://mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx. For instructions on how to download patches from the Downloads site, see Solution 1 in article KB56057.

NOTE: MA 4.8 is targeted to be available via the ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Software Manager in early Q2 2013.

Travler
Level 10
Message 3 of 6

hem wrote:

NOTE: MA 4.8 is targeted to be available via the ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Software Manager in early Q2 2013.

Any update on a target date?

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

It's there now  - I'm not sure when it was posted but I checked a test machine and it's listed. What are other people seeing?

Regards -

Joe

Travler
Level 10
Message 5 of 6

My apologies, I have found it.  I guess I was expecting to see it under "Updates Available", but I've found it under "Software (by Label) / Management Solutions".

Thanks, Joe!

Travler
Level 10
Message 6 of 6

I may have spoke too soon.  What I'm seeing is 4.8.0.641.  Any update on when 4.8.0.887 (Patch 1) will be posted?

Message was edited by: Travler on 8/2/13 10:03:12 AM GMT-06:00