cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Agent 4.6 - Windows 7 and Agent GUID Reg Key Missing

Jump to solution

I'm running EPO v4.6, and deploying Agent 4.6 with VSE 8.8.

I would like create a Windows 7 image with Agent 4.6.  I deployed the agent to my machine from EPO, and the reg key is missing.  the entire Network Associates string is not there.  In the guide, this key needs to be removed so duplicate Agent GUIDs are not created.

I thought it was because I depoloyed the agent through EPO, so I uninstalled it, and manually installed it onto my machine, but still not reg key.

Any ideas on what the issue is?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Agent 4.6 - Windows 7 and Agent GUID Reg Key Missing

Jump to solution

I'm assuming we're talking about the agentguid reg value?  If so, it should certainly be there

On a 32bit system it will be:  HKLM\Software\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent

On a 32bit system it will be:  HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent

HTH -

Joe

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

I'm assuming we're talking about the agentguid reg value?  If so, it should certainly be there

On a 32bit system it will be:  HKLM\Software\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent

On a 32bit system it will be:  HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent

HTH -

Joe

Jump to solution

JoeBidgood,

Thank you for your response.  I'm running 64 bit, so you directed me to the correct place.  I was looking under the 32bit path.  It is under HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent like you saidThe manual should include that piece in there.  Thank you so much!

on 7/20/11 8:18:21 AM GMT-05:00
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

No problem

Regards -

Joe