Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

McAfee Agent 4.0

Hi,

So this might be a really stupid question, but is the new McAfee Agent a background process? In the sense that I have it installed on my laptop yet there doesn't seem to be anything running in the system tray. With the previous version (EPO Agent 3.6) there was a red and white M that was visible in the system tray and you view the log etc. Is this not available in the new version?

Cheers.
4 Replies
Highlighted

RE: McAfee Agent 4.0

It should still be there unless you've somehow changed the policy to not display it.

Have you got the Udaterui.exe process running ?

Jim
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Yes it is running but its still not there. Once the new McAfee agent was deployed it removed the red and white M and now all we have is the VirusScan 8.7i running. It says that the McAfee Agent is installed and the Udaterui.exe is running, so I don't know what the problem is.

I take it the red and white M should still be there?
Highlighted

You should use agent policy in ePO to set red and white M display in system tray.
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Thanks guys, got it sorted. The policy wasn't setup properly!!! 😮

Cheers.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community