cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Agent 4.0 - what's the verdict?

I noticed that there is a new agent out and I'm curious to see if anyone has rolled it out yet and if so, how is it performing? I'm not sure what added benefits or features there are aside from the MSI based installer - but I would like to upgrade to this barring any horror stories.
Labels (1)
5 Replies

RE: McAfee Agent 4.0 - what's the verdict?

Our last deployments at custommer sites (about 1500 clients) were running without any problems. The new agent e.g. has the funtionality to dwonload patches from different branches of the repositories. Also it can identifiy laptops and 64-bit OS versions.

We have deployed it to 5,000+ machines (workstations and servers) without any issues. This may be a strange question but.....how do you see laptops being differentiated from workstations? Just by processor type? Or am I missing something obvious?

No, there is a new system property "Is laptop". This can be evaluated e.g. via a report or tag.

Thanks. Is this available only with ePO 4? I dont see it in 3.6. I know tags are not in ePO 4, just cant see the 'is laptop' reference in reports/queries.
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

The tag functions and laptop field are only available in EPO 4.0
I think the laptop field may also require patch 1 or 2 (check in knowledgebase if you really want to know)