Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 28

RE: Getting hold of the embedded patch agent 4.2_embedded

Never had platinum that I've used, used to have the phone number of the head of european support (as we were complaining about the support at the time) and I found that that sometimes got better results though. 😛

It all comes down to how fast you can get through tier I and II really, most of us would never call support for anything less than something that should be with Tier III anyway.
Have only sent a MER tool result once, and I knew in advance they didn't need it but it was demanded to get a specific hotfix, nice to see they are starting to leave this off, wish they had told Tier I/II

Patch re-released

I got a call from McAfee yesterday to say that the patch has been made available for download from the portal. Sure enough, it is there, but I get 'an error occured- please try later' when I try to donwload it. ho-hum.

RE: Patch re-released

I just downloaded it. We use SMS to deploy the Agent so it wont help with our other Agent issue (catalog.z error).

Hi, that's interesting for me to know, using SMS I mean.

Where you able to simply push out the normal framepkg.exe file using SMS or did you have to do anything special with the package to get it to work?
gmc_za
Level 8
Message 25 of 28

A few questions on this embedded file:

1) When using the new embedded framepkg, does this now have to be checked into EPO to use it? Otherwise how do I configure it to use a different set of credentials?

2) Are they no longer supporting embedded credentials in the normal agent, or is this embedded file only being released to address a bug in patch 2? Will it be resolved in patch 3?
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 26 of 28

You have to check the new agent in your repository to overwrite existing one, it's only a newer MA version than yours.
akl71
Level 10
Message 27 of 28

RE: McAfee Agent 4.0 Patch 2 issue

The package with embedded credentials is also available in the download section in service portal.
jawuk
Level 7
Message 28 of 28

RE: McAfee Agent 4.0 Patch 2 issue

Hi David

Any resposne from McAfee Suppot yet? Still getting the issue with the repositories with patch2?

J

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community