Did you mean: 
eamrein
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 28

McAfee Agent 4.0 Patch 2 issue

EPO 4.0 patch 4 on a Win 2003 server.
Working great until..
Recently upgraded the 4.0 Agent from patch 1 to patch 2.
Deploys from the server with no issues, seems to work fine, but when I create the Framepkg.exe and try to install manually, fails with the same error no matter the credentials used when creating the package.
Did work with patch 1.
"The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified"
27 Replies
rrrobbo
Level 7
Message 2 of 28

Patch 2 issue

Same here. Will be contacting Mcafee tomorrow
dustrho
Level 7
Message 3 of 28

RE: Patch 2 issue

Guess I'm glad I haven't added deployed this patch yet.
Pitch
Level 7
Message 4 of 28

So am I Smiley Tongue
Pitch
Level 7
Message 5 of 28

Don't forget writting (here) their answer grin Thanks happy

RE: McAfee Agent 4.0 Patch 2 issue

Have you tried using a VERY simple name and password for the crededntials ? (e.g Freddyboy/Freddyboy) - ePO used to be a bit fussy about certain characters etc. in usernames and passwords or paths etc.

JIm
eamrein
Level 7
Message 7 of 28

Username/ Password does not contain any special characters, again it worked with patch 1.
Thought the password fussiness was with the DB.
It works fine as long as you push it from the server.
Recall there being a similar issue with a previous version.
DV27
Level 7
Message 8 of 28

Agent 4 patch 2 doesnt support embedded user credentials as part of the framepkg.exe now.

7. Issue: The McAfee Agent no longer provided an embedded credential installation package option.
(Reference: 432427)
Release Notes for McAfee Agent 4.0.0 Patch 2 (Windows)
Resolution: An embedded credential installation package is now available through McAfee Tier III
Support. For information on obtaining this package, see KB article KB59954.

As far as I can make out, currently (with patch 1) you have the opition to either put credentials in, or have a package with no credentials. You have the choice to make.

That seems fine to me, so I don't understand why it would be a good idea to take this option away with patch 2?
What am I missing?

Also, I was thinking that this would now mean that the user of the PC must have administrator rights to be able to install the agent, is that correct?

We have had loads of problems since deploying patch 2 - 'unable to find valid repository', repositories in the list being ignored, updates only working from the ePO server repository, errors with the catalog.z file......