cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfeENS 10.5.3 exclusions not reflecting on client machines

Jump to solution

Hi All,

We are using ePO5.3.2 with Agent 5.0.5 to manage ENS 10.5.3.

We have created recommended OAS exclusions for few servers but the same not reflecting in cleint ENS console/Registry.

Checked in the latest ENS and Agent extension into ePO.

Reinstalled ENS - still exclusions are not reflecting on client pc

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Re: McAfeENS 10.5.3 exclusions not reflecting on client machines

Jump to solution

In the system tree with that system highlighted or checked, go to actions, directory management, view assigned policies.  What does it show there?  Have you also verified there is no duplicate entry in epo for that system where it might inherit a different policy?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Check the agent logs on the client for any errors enforcing policies.  They are located in c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs.  The masvc and macmnsvc logs would show any errors for that and possibly the macompatsvc log.  If there are errors there, try reinstalling the agent or upgrade it to see if that resolves the issue.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response.

As suggested I did analyzed the log files and found below error messages in the logs:

policy.Info: Agent received POLICY package from ePO server
2018-05-31 09:05:25.955 masvc(11108.4080) policy.Error: Failed to create Policy DB instance
2018-05-31 09:05:25.955 masvc(11108.4080) policy.Error: Failed to create manifest instance - rc <217>
2018-05-31 09:05:25.955 masvc(11108.4080) policy.Error: policiy handler stop is calling due to the failure - rc <217>
2018-05-31 09:05:25.955 masvc(11108.4080) policy.Error: Failed to start policy handler - rc <217>
2018-05-31 09:05:25.955 masvc(11108.4080) policy.Error: Failed to create task handler - rc <217>
2018-05-31 09:05:25.955 masvc(11108.4080) policy.Error: Failed to get last succeeded connection info - rc <217>

I have reinstalled the agent on that server but weird thing noticed.

immediately after reinstalling the agent, found that it took some other ENS policy(not even My default policy) Once I manually assigned the intended policy it took some different policy.

Not only on access scanner exclusion, AP policy is also not working. but I tried modifying quarantine MGR policy it works.

Please suggest.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

In the system tree with that system highlighted or checked, go to actions, directory management, view assigned policies.  What does it show there?  Have you also verified there is no duplicate entry in epo for that system where it might inherit a different policy?

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Thank you for your suggestion. There was one policy assignment rule was causing this problem.

Disabled the policy assignemnt rule and assigned the dedicated policy to solve the issue.

Thanks again.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community