cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Repository Update Failed - Failed to download file catalog.z from site update.nai.com:80, error code 502

I'm getting these error messages about 3 times a day. It eventually updates but having a hard time pin pointing the issue. Originally, the update task was running at the same time and two other tasks and thought this was the reason it was failing but we changed the schdule for the update to run and it still failed after the schdule change. Any help would be appreciated.

7 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Master Repository Update Failed - Failed to download file catalog.z from site update.nai.com:80, error code 502

Just as a quick diagnostic test, do you get the same error if you pull from the McAfee FTP server?

HTH -

Joe

Re: Master Repository Update Failed - Failed to download file catalog.z from site update.nai.com:80, error code 502

Just changed task to pull from FTP and it failed immediately

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

What was the error message? Can you zip and post the epoapsrv.log?

Thanks -

Joe

Hi Joe,

I am also getting this error. Can you provide me any solution.

Thanks

Kedar

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

As before, can you zip and attach the epoapsrv log? We can take a look...

Thanks -

Joe

Joe,

We are having the same problem; looks like it is not authenticating against our proxy server.  I have tried several user accounts that have full download access and have tested browsing to the http update site with no problem; however the task fails every time.  I have attached a zipped copy of the log. 

Thank you,

Dan K.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

It certainly looks like a proxy authentication failure. Check the logs on the proxy - do they give any more detail?
You could also run a wireshark trace during the pull task - that should show you exactly what the ePO server is trying to do during the negotiation phase.

HTH -

Joe