cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Repository Status Not Showing Correct Latest Available Dat/Engine

Running EPO 4 Patch 5.  My master repository status widget on the dashboard appears to be behind in the latest available version.  For instance, even though it shows the last check as 4:36 PM today, it still shows dat version as 5806.0000 as the latest available but I got an email from My Avert around 3:20 PM that 5807 was available.  Also it's still showing the old 5301.4018 scan engine as being the latest available.

I appear to be able to telnet to myavert.avertlabs.com 8801 so I'm not thinking its a firewall issue.

See my attached screen shot.  Any ideas?

TIA

11 Replies
RMCCULLO
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 12

Re: Master Repository Status Not Showing Correct Latest Available Dat/Engine

While this link shoudl be updated via AVERT as soon as the Dats are posted, you may find times where the scripts lag behind. I would give it another hour and allow the AVERT task (hidden task in epo) to run again and see if it syncs up.

If not take a look at the ePOAppSrv.log and see if the AVERT sync task is failing.

Thanks for the reply.  It's checked for updates twice now since I posted and still showing the same info.  I don't see any errors in the ePOAppSrv.log related to myavert sync issues.  I'm able to see the xml by visiting http://myavert.avertlabs.com:8801/reportservice.asmx?wsdl from my server.  Could something be wrong on McAfee's side?

RMCCULLO
Level 10
Message 4 of 12

Well Hate to say it, but yes. I just reproduced this issue on my test server as well.

Lets give them (Avert) a day, and if it doesn't correct it self with tomorrows dats, then you will need to open a support ticket.

Karst
Level 7
Message 5 of 12

I see this behavior now on all ePO 4.5 servers I have checked since yesterday:

This master repository is up-to-date with protection against all known threats.
My RepositoryLatest Available
DAT:5807.00005805.0000
Engine:5400.11585301.4018
64-Bit DAT5807.00005805.0000
64-Bit Engine5400.11585301.4018
MyAvert Security Threats:0 unread
Last check:2009-11-20 09:01:13.587(Failed)

Clients seem to function normal and still update as if nothing is wrong, so only ePO is showing outdated information

serc09
Level 10
Message 6 of 12

I installed ePO 4.5 for a customer yesterday and "myAvert" isn't schowing anything....

avert.jpg

Same problem?

Nachricht geändert durch serc09 on 11/20/09 1:55 AM
challiwag
Level 10
Message 7 of 12

You need to open up port 8801 on your FW to let ePO out so that it can check what the latest version are.

Karst
Level 7
Message 8 of 12

This problem started with unchanged network setups and no restrictions from inside to outside for the ePO server.

serc09
Level 10
Message 9 of 12

Karst schrieb:

This problem started with unchanged network setups and no restrictions from inside to outside for the ePO server.

Same here on my "working" 4.5 ePO - the "new" ePO of the customer is able to get updates from McAfee, but just the "MyAvert Thread Advisory"-thing isn't showing correct, and i just wanted to know if that is perhaps the same problem.

Looks like it's now showing 5807.0000 for latest dat but it's still showing 5301.4018 for latest scan engine.