cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Removal of Old Workstation

Hi folks, I've inherited an Protection Pilot server that has been grossly unmaintained. I have about 200+ workstations that need to be purged. I've found how I can do this on an individual basis, but I need to be able select multiple workstations and delete them en mass. Is there an easy way to do this?

Also, is there a way to configure the server so that if it has no contact for lets say 90 days it auto purges? Though I'm not sure if this is recommended or not since it might be a sign of a problem?

tia
5 Replies

RE: Mass Removal of Old Workstation

BTW, my PP version is 3.5.0.725

...I thought it was Protection Pilot and not ePO ? :confused:

Jim

Sorry, its PP.

No problem 🙂

All I know is that in ePO I can search the directory using certain criteria - e.g. "Inactive Agents" and within the serach results you can "group select" - as in windows "click/cntrl-click/shift-click" etc. - and then simply delete the selcted items "en-mass" - don't know if a similar facility exists for you.... It's also possible to export the results of ePO Queries/Reports which can me "massaged" into a list of clinet names which can the be imported back into another area of the ePO directory - then search for duplicate machine names as noted earlier and the delete as appropriate.

Jim

If it is protection pilot, then you can only delete one at a time, but you could delete the whole group, create a new group, this will let you add computers on mass into the new group.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community