cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual DAT Update on Multiple Systems in ePO 4.0?

So, every now and then I'll have anywhere from 5-40 servers who didn't download the most current DAT update from either its local distributed repository server and/or the master repository server (ePO). When I browse all those non-compliant servers, is there a reason why I can't modify a task on all these systems to try updating their DAT files? That option is grayed out, and I understand the text of it says "Modify Tasks on a Single System" but how can I accomplish this in an easy/quick manner on several machines?

Today I have almost 30 servers that are not comliant with the latest DAT, and I don't want to have to modify that DAT update task on every single server. Is there a better way of trying to update it via ePO?

Thanks.
6 Replies

RE: Manual DAT Update on Multiple Systems in ePO 4.0?

I created a special group with an update task set to run immediately, I drop the clients in the group and then do a wake up now. Once the clients are updated I move them back to their original groups.

That's not a bad idea, but then I have to move all those devices back into their original groups (which could be a chore). Hmmm.

What is in the logfiles as to why the dats are not being updated?

Not sure what the logs say, but I know it's because our ePO server was patched this weekend and our replication tasks got all messed up. This then affected DAT compliance for servers and workstations. So, I knew those devices would eventually get all caught up with DAT compliance eventually, but I wanted to push the updated DAT to those servers quickly without getting a headache.

I work for local government and besides the city administrative offices we also support public safety agencys. I have a lot of users who regardless of how many times you tell them not to they still like to turn off their computers. I ended up having to create a second update task that runs 30 minutes after the user logs on. This way if they turn off their computers and miss the scheduled update they get the update when they turn their machines back on.
DV27
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 7

This is exactly how we do things.

The only other option if an admin doesnt want to remove them from their existing EPO groups is to connect remotely to each one in VirusScan Console and run their autoupdate job.