cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Managing a system from EPO which has no connectivity with EPO server

HI,

I have a VM built in Azure which I want to manage via EPO. But there is still no connectivity established from the server to the EPO. So I wanted to do the same using Agent Handler. I have an Agent handler which is internet facing and having an Public IP. So if

1. I create a agent handler profile with priority 1-agent-handler and priority 2-EPO server and assign this profile to the system tree group Azure Servers.

2. From the Azure servers system tree group, I create an agent deployment package and install the same on the azure server.

By these steps, will the server be visible in my EPO so that I can manage it? How can i make sure that the azure server can communicate through agent handler? Please help.

2 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Managing a system from EPO which has no connectivity with EPO server

No matter where you create an Agent package from system tree group if you are going to perform manual installation, you just have to ensure you select right Agent handler and select fallback Handler. Is your VM's configured with PIP or DIP..?

I need some clarification on this part 

"But there is still no connectivity established from the server to the EPO. So I wanted to do the same using Agent Handler. I have an Agent handler which is internet facing and having an Public IP. "

You mean there is no connectivity between Azure machines to EPO. Are configuring those VM's to connect EPO via RAH...?

From EPO perspective you have to ensure there is a connectivity to reach RAH on port 443. 

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Managing a system from EPO which has no connectivity with EPO server

When you add an agent handler to epo, it gets added to the sitelist that also then gets compiled into the agent package for installs.  So then, when you install that agent on the client, they should have epo and agent handlers it its sitelist.  As long as there is connectivity to the agent handlers, the client should connect to that agent handler when it fails to connect to epo.  Port requirements are kb66797.

One thing to note also, when you have a specific, or restricted agent handler assignment rule, make sure that is at the top of the list, as the rules are parsed in a top down order.  If, for example, your rule is not at the top, but you have another rule at the top that has my organization, the systems will use that rule instead of the desired one, because they matched the first rule.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community