cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make EPO 5.x assume a domain?

Is there a way to make EPO console logins assume a default domain?  I am getting tired of typing in domain\user into the user name field.  We have only a single domain so it would be cool if I could just type in my user name and AD password to log in without the extra typing.   I am pretty sure in EPO 4.6 I only had to type in my user name and it was still synced with my domain for authentication.

6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Make EPO 5.x assume a domain?

Moved to ePO for faster response

---

Peter

AD ePO Login.JPG

You need to change the server setting. Then you can use AD credentials.

You are correct,  but that is not what  I am asking.

I already log in with AD credentials - and the setting you mention above is required for that.

I would like EPO to assume the domain name so I don't have to type it In every time.

I would like to type in my username (only) instead of  domain\username.  I would like EPO to assume that since I am doing AD authentication against a single domain defined on the server so that all the users don't have to type domain\user for the user name and instead can use just their user name (and the domain can be just assumed)

I don't think there is a way to do it.  Once they have logged in once and their user is present in the EPO server, I can go in and change the user name to get rid of the "domain\"  from the start of their EPO user name.

Ahhh I gotcha, honestly the only way I've done something similar to what your looking for is with PKI Certificate Based authentication (DoD), once the cert6 is installed the user can just use their CAC to login

I think you're correct, there is no way to assume a default AD domain. Do you have many affected users, or just thinking ahead?

One problem I can see is that by telling ePO to assume the user is authenticated against a specific AD domain, you could potentially block access to a user with the same "local ePO" username.

andrep1
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 7

under users, change username to "username" instead of "domain\username". This setting has no bearing to the windows authentication information