cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macs not updating to latest ENS modules in epo

I'm getting the following error on all endpoints that are woke when I view any of their client events.

Details: Product "ENDP_AM_1000MACX" installation failed, reason "Content download error".
Product "ENDP_AM_1000MACX" installation failed, reason "Content download error".
Product "ENDP_AM_1000MACX" installation failed, reason "Content download error".
Deployment/Update task failed, reason "Unable to find valid repository".

The windows endpoints update fine. I have about 80 Macs in my environment.

Most of them have communicated with the server today but still aren't taking the updates. They also aren't updating their McAfee agent from 5.5.0.447 to 5.5.1.342, even though they're ASCI is ok.

Please Help!!

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Macs not updating to latest ENS modules in epo

Can you ping Macs before deploying this?

Try to reboot them and then try again.

Able to ping yes. Reboot didn't work.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

The mcscript log on the client should show why it is showing unable to find valid repository.  That is located in /var/McAfee/agent/logs folder.  In that log also will be a url where it is downloading content from.  If you put that url in the browser, can the content be downloaded?  

Is there a proxy or firewall in between that might be causing issues downloading files?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Don't have remote access as of yet. Will update thread when I get it and can try this advice.

Tags (1)
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community