cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac and Linux in ePO

a client tells me that the MAC and Linux computers that are managed
in the ePO, disappear from the console and then reappear, it tells me that it happens in a random way, what could it be?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mac and Linux in ePO

Hi danielsanz,

That is odd behaviour!

Have a look at the device logs, and the ePO server audit.log.

Use the device name/IP to filter the audit log see what or rather how ePO reacts to the unit when it calls home, it may (or may not, we've no detail at the moment)  show the unit being actioned as part of a sort or task operation etc.

Likewise, the local logs might offer detail about the suggested but (for example)forgotten removal task which is 'corrected' when your deployment task activates because the unit no longer has the product(s) installed!

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Hi Hawkmoon

I'm going to check the logs and if I can I upload them to help me

Thanks

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

check to see if kb52949 applies.  It doesn't matter any cause for duplicate macs, but that is the main cause of systems appearing and disappearing.  Do they disappear when an AD sync runs possibly that is removing them, then they check back in?  Does audit log show anything that corresponds to any task running?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Hi Hawkmoon

I can't attach the linux server logs, the last week I was in the client's offices and the server disappeared from the ePO

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.