Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hms1
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

MCAFEE VirusScan for Storage

I am in a situation where I can not put the ePO licence key into a ePO 4.6 server so in 'Software Manager' MCAFEE VirusScan for Storage comes up as evaluation.

In the Release Notes for McAfee® VirusScan® Enterprise for Storage 1.0.2 it says :-

Product license

These time limits apply to these McAfee® VirusScan® Enterprise for Storage product licenses:

The Evaluation license expires 90 days after installing the evaluation version of the product.

Does anybody know if this will stop the product working?

Thanks for your help in advance.

4 Replies
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: MCAFEE VirusScan for Storage

According to my colleagues once the evaluation period has expired, it will reduce to only using one scanning thread - which apparently makes it very slow

HTH -

Joe

hms1
Level 9
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Joe!

Do you know if there will be a way of putting 2 keys into ePO 4.6?  Otherwise the only way I can see of sorting this would be to install another ePO server just to manage the MCAFEE VirusScan for Storage which is not ideal.

Providing your entitlements are ok, speak to McAfee Customer Service about merging your products to one ePO License key.

Rgds,

Rob.

hms1
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Rob,

I have been trying to get someone in the Account Manager / Database team to deal with this for about 2 weeks without success 😞

BFN

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center