Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redbaron51
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

MA 4.5 deployment via evaluation branch

Hi all,

I have tested MA 4.5 and VSE8.7 in our testing environment and everything seems to be going well.

I want to stage deploy MA 4.5 in our production env.

Current scenario

ePO 4.5

CMA 3.6

VSE8.5

Can I just check in MA4.5 in evaluation branch and create a task to deploy it and assign to a TAG??? We have just 1 big container for each subnet with all workstations in it. So my idea was to create a TAG, check in MA 4.5 in evaluation, create a task to push it. Do I need to disable Global updating???

Comments are much appreciated.

3 Replies
gmc_za
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: MA 4.5 deployment via evaluation branch

Yes- I've just done that. Checked MA4.5 into the eval branch. Setup a few machines with a test tag and then created a policy to install the agent to those machines based on the tag. Works great.

redbaron51
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

Which agent are your main machines using at the moment? Has it caused any conflicts/problems?

I assume you see in Master Repository

MA 4 or CMA 3.6 in current branch and

MA 4.5 in eval branch................Is this right?

Highlighted
gmc_za
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4

Currently running MA4.0 P3 - haven't had any issues upgrading to MA4.5

I haven't tried going from 3.6 to 4.5, but when I upgraded from 3.6 to 4 I had no issues either.

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.