cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locate epo Console Server

Jump to solution

Hello

If this is on the wrong location or group please move. I inherited a network with 13 Windows Server and 75 Wind10 Clients, all the Win10 Clients have McAfee Client installed, but searching the servers I can’t find the EPO Web Console to run update DAT files.

Checking the desktops they have ‘McAfee Endpoint Security 10.5’ and management type is ‘self managed’. Does this mean there is no central epo console to deploy updates?

Thanks

~b

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 12

Re: Locate epo Console Server

Jump to solution

If the client machines have ENS installed you need V3 Dat and if they have VSE installed on them then go with V2 dat files

Your manager or someone in the company should be aware on which server the ePO is installed. 

The other option would be to look into the C: drive of the server and check if there is a McAfee Folder in the path mentioned below

C:\Program files(x86)\McAfee\EPO. 

Some people do install it in the D drive also

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
11 Replies
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi @BRKid1961

Thank you for your post. YES, You are correct in saying that they are not managed by an ePO server. Management of endpoints are decided by the McAfee Agent installed on the clients. We need to deploy agents form the ePO to convert these to ePO managed endpoints

Do you have an ePO set up in your environment?

edit: Yes, You have reached out to the correct place for this questions 🙂

Sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

To access the ePO's Web Console you and if you are aware of the IP address of the server you may access it by typing the IP address in the web browser as shown below 

https://192.168.xx.xxx:8443/core/orionSplashScreen.do

If you would like to manage you client machines using ePO server, you will have to deploy McAfee Agent on the client machines. 

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution
Highlighted
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

If the client machines have ENS installed you need V3 Dat and if they have VSE installed on them then go with V2 dat files

Your manager or someone in the company should be aware on which server the ePO is installed. 

The other option would be to look into the C: drive of the server and check if there is a McAfee Folder in the path mentioned below

C:\Program files(x86)\McAfee\EPO. 

Some people do install it in the D drive also

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution
thanks!
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi @BRKid1961 

I would like to add that this update process can be automated and it is, by default. You do not have to download the updates every time from the site to update the definitions for Endpoint Security (Unless they are not connected to Internet).

Regards,

Adithyan T

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi BRKid1961,

If you are not sure which is the EPO server, then you have to manually check each and individual server to verify if ePO is installed or not. To verify this, check if there is an ePO Icon on the server desktop like attached screenshot. Also check if below services running on the server. 

ePolicy Orchestrator Application service

ePolicy Orchestrator Event Parser

ePolicy Orchestrator Server service

epo.PNG

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a soultion" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

If you are unaware of any epo server in your environment, you can go to the repository list also in the ENS console.  If it only lists the McAfee update site, then it is unmanaged and you may not have any epo servers.  If there is a server name listed, you can check then that specified server to see if it is your epo server.

As for automating updates, if managed through epo, set up a client task assignment for updates.

If not managed, it can be scheduled locally via the ENS console.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Update...

I could not find a epo server, then I found out the epo server was pulled from the network.

Two Questions:

To update cliente - I downloaded 9403xdat.exe and V3_3854dat.exe and ran them manually, no updates to the client, should I have selected DAT Package For Use with McAfee ePO

How do I reestablish an epo server?

Thanks

~b

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community