cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading agent onto Windows 10

Jump to solution

Hello

I am running ePO 5.9, and cannot load the agent for McAfee on Windows 10 laptops. I get a message saying it is not the right version. Is there an extension or something I need to apply to the ePO in order to be able to load the agent on Windows 10?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Re: Loading agent onto Windows 10

Jump to solution

Are you using an agent smartinstall url?  If so, delete that one and create another one for that newer agent.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

It all depends on the build of Windows 10 for what agent version that is supported on it.  Please refer to kb51573 for supported environments for the agent.  Whatever agent you need, you need at least that version agent or higher for the extension. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

I have downloaded the necessary updates and checked them in. Now when I go to the web page to install the agent, there is a message saying the URL is disabled. What do I need to do to fix this, please?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Are you using an agent smartinstall url?  If so, delete that one and create another one for that newer agent.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Thanks, that solved the problem.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community