cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

List EEDK packages in ePO under System Properties "Installed products" or products overview

Hello,

is there an option how I can list the installed EEDK packages at system properties "Installed Products"

Installed products.png

or at the products Overview

Products Overview.png

?
Custom Fields are not an option.

Can you help me, please?

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: List EEDK packages in ePO under System Properties "Installed products" or products ove

When you create the eedk package, have it write a value for the product under the application plugin key.  

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Re: List EEDK packages in ePO under System Properties "Installed products" or products ove

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

Do you mean the following settings

EEDK.png

So I added the following keys in the registry but I can't see the informations in the ePO...

registry.png

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

You can check the agent logs for collecting properties, to see if there are any errors, or any errors connecting to epo.  That would be the masvc log in c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Hello,

in the logs there are the following messages from all installed products but not from the EEDK packages.

property.Debug: Property collected request received.
property.Info: Properties received from DXL_____1000 provider

The registry keys only changed the products in About

About.png

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

It may not show anything because there is no extension to manage the product.  What that reg key does is identify it as something that is already installed, so it if tries to install again, it sees it is already there.  Is the package just Microsoft system monitor or something like that?  If so, can you post your package here?  I can test it out then.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

So if I understand you right, there is no possibility that I can see the installed EEDK package in the ePO because there is no extension in the ePO. 

I only can prevent that ePO is reinstalling the package by setting the registry key and seeing in About that the package is installed.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

I can't say yes or no to that for sure, which is why I wanted to test it.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Hello,

no keys will be set. You have to set the keys in the script manually.
You can't see the package in the ePO.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community