cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux agent deployments with ePO Endpoint Deployment Kit possible?

Im performing a POC for a Linux box and would like some more insight on how to deploy the McAfee agent and other security products along with them.

I looked on how to accomplish this and the only resource I could find was the EEDK (https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Documents/ePO-Endpoint-Deployment-Kit-9-6-1-Enterprise-Edition/ta-p/...) which appears to bundle the products together as a shell script or Im assuming as much.

The question would be on how to perform this as the document doesnt really cover the steps on this. For instance would I grab a bunch of sh files from a folder and it compiles them into one and checks it into the Master Repository? Would I need to do this one by one?

2019-01-29_17-35-52.png

There isnt much in covering deployments on Linux within the supported document: https://community.mcafee.com/nysyc36988/attachments/nysyc36988/epolicy-orchestrator/56597/1/ePO_Tool...

Ive gone through the guide but there is only one example for Linux. Has anyone done such a thing? 

1 Reply
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Linux agent deployments with ePO Endpoint Deployment Kit possible?

ePO can deploy the agent to a Linux box.  It requires ssh enabled and an account with sudo rights, preferably root, but we know sometimes that is disabled for remote access.  The install guide for the agent describes how to do that.  As for EEDK, that isn't going to work for initially deploying an agent, because that requires an existing agent on the system to run the package through a deployment task. 

The install guide for 5.5 and above has a section for deploying the agent using 3rd party deployment methods or using install scripts.

Once you get the agent installed, then you can set up a client deployment task to push out endpoint security or other products to it.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community