cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest supported version for Server 2008

Hi, 

We are looking to upgrade our ePO from 5.3.3 to a supported version, but are having trouble finding a suitable version. 

Unfortunately we are still running some Server 2008 clients with ENS 10.2 and details on what this is compatible with seem to be hard to find. 

Is there a currently supported version of ePO that supports our Server 2008 clients? We are happy to either keep them on ENS 10.2 or upgrade them to something newer. 

Thanks, 

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Latest supported version for Server 2008

@justinmeryment 

I would like to inform you that ePO 5.3.3 and later does not support Windows Server 2008.

If you are running Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 (Standard, Datacenter, Enterprise, and Web) then you can upgrade the ENS for any of these versions ENS 10.5.0-10.5.2 ENS 10.5.3 ENS 10.5.4, 10.6.0 and ENS 10.5.5, 10.6.1

If you are just running Windows Server 2008, then I would suggest you to upgrade the ePO console to the 5.9.1 and continue using 10.2 for the Windows Server 2008 machines.

I hope this helps.

Venu
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Latest supported version for Server 2008

KB51109 is the master article for supported environments for the products.  In that kb there are links to the various products.  From there, you can find what versions of our products are supported on what OS.  Keep in mind that most of the product extensions are backwards compatible, so a 10.6 ens extension would manage a 10.2 ens client.  When looking at compatibility for products with different versions of epo, it is mainly only referring to the extension versions.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community