cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language setting problem after EPO agent 4.6.0.2292 update

Hello,

we have the following language setting problem after EPO agent update from version 4.6.0.1694 to version 4.6.0.2292 on EPO environment 4.6.1. All installed EPO agents with version 4.6.0.1694 on all Windows XP machines currently shows English language dialog. The appropriate EPO policy “McAfee Agent – Troubleshooting” is set to “English”. All works fine with this former EPO agent version 4.6.0.1694.

Now we updated the EPO agent extension and the EPO agent installer package to version 4.6.0.2292. The configured EPO agent installer task for version 4.6.0.2292 works fine and the new agent version was installed (updated) on some XP machines. But now the EPO agent language is set to local (German) language after the new EPO agent version was installed. I checked the EPO policy “McAfee Agent – Troubleshooting” again. The policy is set to English and is applied to the appropriate machines. But the EPO agent on this updated machines shows German language in agent log and in agent menu. A reboot or “wake up” didn’t solve this problem! The new EPO agent version on the appropriate machines is 4.6.0.2292.

What can I do or check to solve this problem? I need to set the EPO agent language to English for all EPO managed machines.

Thanks for help.

Best regards from Germany

Janni

11 Replies
metalhead
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 12

Re: Language setting problem after EPO agent 4.6.0.2292 update

Hi Janni,

here is the Regkey which controls the agent language:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52911

If you need to change the Regkey on all Clients via ePO (SDAT package) I can send you one.

Regards Tom

Re: Language setting problem after EPO agent 4.6.0.2292 update

Hi Metalhead,

thanks for your fast answer. I know about that registry key. We used this possibility in former EPO agent versions 4.0 and 4.5. But now the EPO agent supports this very goog feature to set the EPO agent langugae using a special policy. As I wrote that worked fine with EPo agent 4.6.0.1694. All XP machines are set to English using this new agent policy. But after updating of some machines to EPO agent version 4.6.0.2292 the language was set back to OS languge. I can't understand this.

I have tested the following. I created a new agent policy with disabled agent language option (OS selected). After I aapplied this new policy the XP machine has updates it's agent taskbar GUI to OS language. The agent taskbar icon disappeared and appeared again after 1-2 minutes. But the language was set from German to German. Then I applied the former policy with English setting again and sent a "wake-up" call. Now the XP machine has updated the agent taskbar GUI again and it's set to English now. But that is a crazy process to remodify this policy for the all EPO managed machines. I expected that the language policy is active after EPO agent update.

Best regards

Janni

Highlighted
metalhead
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 12

Re: Language setting problem after EPO agent 4.6.0.2292 update

I would open a case. I doubt this can be resolved in any other way.

Perhaps the Agent_%computername%.log gives a clue ...

Regards Tom

Re: Language setting problem after EPO agent 4.6.0.2292 update

Hi Tom,

thanks for information. As I understood you will open a case? I also captured the part of the Agent_%computername%.log were the update was running. I can send you this part of the log file If you want. I can't find any problem clues in the log regarding the language problem.

Best regards

Janni

metalhead
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 12

Re: Language setting problem after EPO agent 4.6.0.2292 update

Hello Janni,

no you must open the case with your grantnumber via web (mysupport.mcafee.com) or phone.

Regards Tom

Re: Language setting problem after EPO agent 4.6.0.2292 update

Hi,

OK I'll do so.

Best regards

Janni

dikkuh
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 12

Re: Language setting problem after EPO agent 4.6.0.2292 update

Hi,

I'm having the same issue, did you already found a solution for this problem ?

Re: Language setting problem after EPO agent 4.6.0.2292 update

Hi,

McAfee knows about that problem and will publish a new fixed agent version.

Best regards

Janni

dikkuh
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 10 of 12

Re: Language setting problem after EPO agent 4.6.0.2292 update

I did some tests:

it looks like the upgrade to patch 1 corrupts the language settings that are active on the client.

However If I toggle the language settings it works again.

So if I assign a new policy to the client with the language for example set to german, then the language is switched to german.

If I then assign the normal policy back to the client it swaps back to English and it's working.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator