cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cowoflove
Level 7

LDAP sync adding new systems but not removing old

Jump to solution

We have a task which runs to sync with LDAP to bring in new systems.

This works in that it brings in the new systems, however anything we delete in AD doesn't then automatically delete on ePO.

I know there is an automatic task (disabled by default), to delete systems whos agents haven't communicated in x days, however I thought the point of doing the LDAP sync would be to import new machines and delete old?

Am I assuming something which isn't designed to work like this?

If we use the rule to delete machines whos agents haven't talked back in x days, and then the LDAP sync runs and see's these new machines, will ePO automatically add them again?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gpickers
Level 9

Re: LDAP sync adding new systems but not removing old

Jump to solution

Hi cowoflove,

Find you synchronization level for the system tree (if the whole system tree is synced this will be My Organisation level of the System Tree).

System Tree > Group Details tab look at the Synchronization type by clicking edit.

Towards the bottom of your LDAP Synchronization settings you will find:

Set the 'Delete the systems from the System Tree' setting for when Systems are deleted from the synchronization point (Active Directory).

Kind regards,

George

4 Replies
gpickers
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi cowoflove,

Find you synchronization level for the system tree (if the whole system tree is synced this will be My Organisation level of the System Tree).

System Tree > Group Details tab look at the Synchronization type by clicking edit.

Towards the bottom of your LDAP Synchronization settings you will find:

Set the 'Delete the systems from the System Tree' setting for when Systems are deleted from the synchronization point (Active Directory).

Kind regards,

George

cowoflove
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi George

Thanks for the response.

I've just checked these settings and it turns out that its already enabled, so not sure why its not working 100%.

0 Kudos
gpickers
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi cowoflove,

That makes it a bit more intriguing...

Out of interest how often are you synchronizing/what's the schedule on the server task for AD sync?

Obviously systems will only be removed from the system tree, once a system is removed from AD and this synchronization task runs.

Thanks,

George

0 Kudos
cowoflove
Level 7

Jump to solution

We doe a sync twice a day, once in morning and the other in the afternoon.

I've logged a ticket with support but still to hear back :/

0 Kudos