cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johan38
Level 7

LAN/WAN

Hi,

I dont know if is a good place for this subject, sorry for that.

I use ePO 5.3.0.

I would like when a computer is connected to the lan with a cable, Wan is disabled automatically. When I unplugg the LAN, Wan is automatically enable.

So, first, ePO can manage that? second, which product should i install on my server for that? 

Thanks for your answer.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
tkinkead
Level 12

Re: LAN/WAN

By WAN, do you mean WLAN/Wireless?  I don't believe there's a McAfee product that will do that.  Looking at the thread below, there's a GPO that may do this on Windows 8 and up:

Disable WIFI connection with GPO when network cable is plugged

0 Kudos
johan38
Level 7

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I mean WLAN/Wireless. I have already worked with Sophos Antivirus and I can manage that so I am asking if McAfee do that also

Anyway, I will check your link.

Thanks

0 Kudos
schmiewliski
Level 10

Hi Johan

When you say manage Wireless, do you actually mean if a LAN cable is unplugged and WLAN is activated will the McAfee agent still report back into ePO.. If so the answer is yes, it will still manage your installed McAfee products and tasks that you have.

Just be careful of possible duplicate records being created in the system tree.

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
johan38
Level 7

Hi Steve,

When my computer is connected to the LAN with a cable, I want McAfee detecte it and disable Wireless (Wireless card).

If I unplugg my cable, I want Mcafee detecte it and if my computer hasn't a cable connected, enable the Wireless and disable the LAN (network card)

An another word, I want McAfee manage my network cards by the type of the active connexion on my computer.

A McAfee product can do that ?

Have a nice day

0 Kudos
schmiewliski
Level 10

I believe you need McAfee HIPS

This way you could configure the firewall rules to only allow traffic through the LAN interface.

0 Kudos
johan38
Level 7

Thanks for your answer.

I will check HIPS and the firewall rules

0 Kudos
mcvoodoo
Level 7

Not a direct answer to your question, but you can often achieve what you desire using a BIOS setting.  This is how I've done this in the past as it's very reliable.

0 Kudos