Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor Daniel_S
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 13

Issues with Agent 5.6 and DXL

Jump to solution

Hello all together,

we are curently facing some problems after the deployment of the current Agent 5.6

The agent is installed on some brand new systems. However in about 50% if the cases the DXL component is not showing up in the about config and the ENS ATP module isn´t working.

Initialy we had more systems showing correct behaviour and with time things got worse.

We just logged on via RDP to one of the clients - checked the about McAfee settings - and voila DXL showed up and started working.

The logs don´t show anything usefull so far.

Anyone here having similiar issues?

There seem to be some more issues as in another environment we were even facing the problem that ENS ATP was blocking the rollout of the new Agent completely. Seems very bugy all in all.

Best regards
Dan
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 13

Re: Issues with Agent 5.6 and DXL

Jump to solution

Please call in and open a ticket.  This is something we would definitely like to look at.  For ENS blocking, you would open a ticket with ENS if you haven't resolved that yet, but for the dxl issue with 5.6, open a dxl ticket.  We want to make sure it is getting installed properly.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

12 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

Please call in and open a ticket.  This is something we would definitely like to look at.  For ENS blocking, you would open a ticket with ENS if you haven't resolved that yet, but for the dxl issue with 5.6, open a dxl ticket.  We want to make sure it is getting installed properly.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi cdinet,

thats exactly what I wanted to circumviate.

Best regards
Dan
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

I fully understand - I will send you a private message so you can maybe send me some logs.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
msmiley
Level 9
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  So far, I have only see this on server class systems but we haven't deployed the agent to the rest of our environment.  I have opened SR 4-19687610261

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

In the meantime I also raised a ticket:

<4-19673782561>

Best regards
Dan
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

One more Info:
DXL starts to work right after a reboot or login i.e. via RDP.

It´s the case in about 50% and currently we´re only testing on serversystems - so can´t tell if it´s a problem on clientsystems as well.

Best regards
Dan
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

I checked the development research task that was opened to look into this.  Can you find out what the clsid is that is showing the errors he mentioned?  Once you find what product is throwing that error, please let your case owner know - send screenshots or any other info that shows on that please. 

From dev:

MA installs COM components and there are DCOM errors shortly after the MA msi completes. It may be possible those errors are related to the MA COM components or they may not be related at all.

The referenced page, https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/fix-error-10016-windows-event-viewer/, shows that the DCOM error event will display the CLSID and APPID for the component that presumably has a permissions problem. The referenced page also shows how to determine the name of the component in the "Step 1 - Check the Process" section and confirm the APPID in the "Step 3 - Open Component Services" section.

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

Reply is on its way.

In our case the only CLSID that comes after deployment on one of the machines was an SQL-server.

Permissions are set correctly.

Despite that i doubt that all other servers are running an instance of SQL-server as well...

Best regards
Dan
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

Thanks!

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator