Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

Issue with ePO Console not showing endpoints that have upgraded to ENS 10.6.1 Dec Update

Jump to solution

It seems to me that we have issues with other product that don't reflect the correct properties after upgrading. We are running with ePO 5.10 with CU5. Have noticed that when we deployed ENS 10.6.1 Dec Update that the ePO console didn't reflect the updated version in the endpoint properties. If we delete the endpoint from the console then it will show the updated properties when it next connect.

We already have an open case with a similar issue when we upgraded ePO agents. There is a KB92203 that mentions this and that the current workaround is to set a client task to run periodically to collect all properties. Well that does not work as we still have half our systems not reporting the correct versions even thought at the endpoint it does show the upgraded version.

We can't easily delete systems since we have some that are encrypted. If we delete these systems then they will loose their tags and encrypted users assigned to them.

Is there going to be any fix in the near future as this is a pain when trying to deploy product. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Re: Issue with ePO Console not showing endpoints that have upgraded to ENS 10.6.1 Dec Update

Jump to solution

Hotfix 6865, I can confirm did fix the issue for us. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Re: Issue with ePO Console not showing endpoints that have upgraded to ENS 10.6.1 Dec Update

Jump to solution

Yes, they are working on a fix.  Send me your sr number in private message and I will check on it to verify it is with dev.  As a workaround, you can roll back update 5 and install update 4 until it is resolved.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

I just sent you a private message with our open service request. I will try to test rolling back to CU4. 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Ok thanks!

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Just heard back from the tech person tied to our open SR. He just said that the engineering team is working on a new ePO Agent release that will fix this issue. Are we sure that it is the agent causing the issue since the problem is fixed if we roll back the ePO server from CU5 to CU4. 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

He must have misunderstood, because it is an epo issue.  We have a hotfix now just released to support today for it, so I will have to get your ticket to dev to get you that hotfix.  Give me a few moments.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Sent it to you.  Please test to see if it fixes issue.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Hotfix 6865, I can confirm did fix the issue for us. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. I searched for that hotfix number but didnt get any results. How can I get the hotfix?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Right now it is now included in CU6, which is available RTS as of yesterday, meaning you need a service request to get it.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community