cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DC-SG
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Issue with Moving MA 4.5 from Evaluation to Current Branch.

Greetings Everyone,

My ePO server is currently at MR3. I am preparing for upgrade it to MR4 and then MR5. To install/deploy MR4 from MR3 to my ePO server, I need to move MA 4.5 for Windows from Evaluation Branch to Current Branch.  But the "change branch" action is grayed out or disabled.  Please refer to the attached screen shot for more details.

How do I move Windows MA 4.5 from Evaluation Branch to Current Branch with disabled "Change Branch" ?

Can I delete this MA and re-check in the package?

Thank you in advance and have a good day!

DC-SG

7 Replies
DC-SG
Level 9
Message 2 of 8

Re: Issue with Moving MA 4.5 from Evaluation to Current Branch.

Hi All,

Sorry for missing the attachment. Here it is.

Message was edited by: DC-SG on 10/5/10 11:07:04 AM CDT
notime
Level 10
Message 3 of 8

i never did it befor but the fast action as you say delete this MA and re-check in the package

good luck

DC-SG
Level 9
Message 4 of 8

Thanks Notime.

I have attempted that several times... But I will wait for few more options/ideas before doing it.

DC-SG

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

Forgive the question, but from the screenshot it appears that you already have a later version of the agent - 1494 - in the current branch? If this is the case why do you need to move the 1270 version?

If you do need to move it, as the other posters have said, the way to do it is to check the 1270 build into the current branch and then delete it from the eval branch.)

HTH -

Joe

DC-SG
Level 9
Message 6 of 8

Thanks All.

Joe: Yes. MR3 put MA 4.0.1494 in the Current branch and  4,5,1270 in the Eval. Br. Now, I need MA 4.5.1270 in the Current Br.

The consensus is that I will re-check MA 4.5.1270 to the Current Bracnch and delete it from Eval. Branch.

I will post more info if there is a problem.

DC-SG

It looks to me "allow package check-in for any repository branch" is disabled. Go to Menu | Configuration| Server Settings |Repository Packages  then if "allow package check-in for any repository branch" is set to No  change to Yes and you will be able to change branch.

Good luck

DC-SG
Level 9
Message 8 of 8

Hi Shurie,

Just checked and found that "Repository Package | Allow Package Check-in for any Repository Branch" was already set to YES.

DC-SG