Hi I am having an issue with a newly installed ePO server whereby some UADs are showing as managed are contactable from the console but I am unable to run an update to them. The Master repository has the most recent DAT and we are using VSE 8.8 patch 7. I've deployed new agents and run a work station deployment of products but all to no avail is there any way I can get this to update remotely from the console itself ?? Many thanks Stuart
There are a couple of ways you can deploy the DAT to the client. The first is through the Update Now and the other is a client deployment task. Either of these can be used on a single system. Let us know if you have tried this.
Many thanks, we have indeed tried both of these but to no avail. I think this is down to having a automated task to deploy agents and products when systems have been identified in the system tree but on a pretty flaky network ? Does this sound right ?
Here are the chain of events in my head. Deploy McAfee Agent to Client > At client make sure that it is communicating back to ePO server with NO red lines > Examine McAfee Agent Version (current?) > Deploy VSe88 > Validate it was installed by sampling policies at client and make sure they match with ePO > Use remote Agent Log from EPO and assure you can bring up log > Check Firewall at client > Check repository to make sure valid DAT is in place > Force client via VSE88 console to update and monitor log carefully for errors > Force client to McAfee for update.
One of these decisions is faulty. If you cannot determine further, open a ticket with support and have them remote in to look at the issue. These issues are usually procedural failures or on the outside, a bug.
Keep us posted!
Ok so there were a few issues which as you pointed out were largely procedural, so for clearing the fault of DAT 1111.0000 we found that running the update from the VSE8.8 console on each UAD was the most successful method of updating the Dat to the current version held in the Master Repository.
This is however quite time consuming as were unable to run this remotely. I haven't however figured out the root cause as to why that particular dat was picked up in the first place.
Any idea ?
DAT 1111 is a stud DAT, which is used in a DAT-less deployment of VSE. I believe McAfee have offered this to reduce the size of the VSE Deployment package by about 60MB(ish) by not integrating the current DAT with the package.
This would simply suggest the client has not run its first update which has now been addressed above
DAT 1111 usually implies vsupdate.dll has not registered properly.
regsvr32 /s "c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan enterprise\vsupdate.dll" then force an update, that should resolve the issue
If you tried everything and still can't get the dat to update connect to the machine and verify if the dat really didn't update or if it did update but the correct info isn't showing up in epo. If it didn't update try running the update locally and see what happens.