cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexn
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Is there any tool or script to export product policies from ePO database if ePO server is dead

Hi All,

My ePO server 4.5 Patch 3 is not responding and just hangs up at login screen with whirling wheel, my all services are running well, even ihave tried retarting all eP server services as well, Is there any script or tool that I can use to export my policies from Database and import it into new ePo server that I have build.

2 Replies
mjmurra
Level 12
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is there any tool or script to export product policies from ePO database if ePO server is dead

It is a whole lot more complicated to rebuild a server than just copying policies. Have a look at:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66616

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is there any tool or script to export product policies from ePO database if ePO server is dead

If the problem is with the epo installation files, then you can attempt to restore a backup of the epo database on a freshly installed test server with matching extensions as that of the production server. You need to ensure that OrionExtensions table in both the old production server and the freshly installed test server match. This will bring up the test server after which you can export the policies.

The effort though is probably the same if you were to reinstall ePO and just restore the database and keystore folders (without the associated extension files) after ensuring that all extensions are checked in based on the Orionextensions table.