cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to run report on computer moves within containers

Jump to solution

In need of help,

I accidentally move a large group of computers within the EPO server system tree from different containers into one.  I need to restore these computers to their original container location.  We are running EPO. 4.6.6.

Help Please.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there a way to run report on computer moves within containers

Jump to solution

My co-worker had a report from not too long that was a "snap-shot" of the system tree.  Took alot of work but was able to move computers back to their original containers. 

7 Replies

Jump to solution

You could add sorting criteria, such as IP range to the groups and then sort the systems.  Download the ePO 4.6 product guide for more information on sorting systems.

Jump to solution

drliv1980- Thanks for generic anwser

mcg
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

The information you are looking for is in the Audit Log.

Menu --> User Management --> Audit Log

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

Jump to solution

Thanks MCG.  I did originally check in here,  only problem is that is shows me moving the computers to new container but doesnt tell me from where. 

Jump to solution

My co-worker had a report from not too long that was a "snap-shot" of the system tree.  Took alot of work but was able to move computers back to their original containers. 

mcg
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

beem101,

How are your systems getting sorted in the first place?

I assumed you manually moved them the first time.  If that is correct, you just need to go to the next older entry in the audit log for that system.

Meaning; the most recent entry in the audit log is where you moved it to during the accidental move.  The entry for that system that is next oldest move message is where you moved it prior.

Does that make sense?

Yes, all of these methods are tedious and is not something I would want to do more than once.  Once you get them back to where they need to go, add some criteria to the tree to sort them (IP or tags or whatever you wish)

Hope that helps.

Regards,

McG

Jump to solution

Just thought I'd throw out one more solution. If the container moves were numerous and it was very recent AND your DB is not too large AND you don't want to comb thru your Audit log for all the changes... you could do a DB restore. It's a bit slash and burn bit would solve your problem