cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to force an agent wake-up call automatically after a product deployment.

Hi,

I would like to force an agent wake-up call after pushing the VSE and HIPS on a new computer. I don't want to wait the "Agent-to-server communication interval" which is 1 hour. And I don't want to do it manually.

Any idea or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Dutchman39
Level 10

Re: Is it possible to force an agent wake-up call automatically after a product deployment.

Change the ASCI interval globally or create a new TAG for a short ASCI interval - assign that tag to the machines you with to affect, and then assign a new policy with a shortened ASCI to that tag.

If you're pushing the software via a task, how about adding a wakeup call to the end of that task, or to another task affecting the same machines, only scheduled a few minutes (or an hour or whatever) or so later?

0 Kudos

Re: Is it possible to force an agent wake-up call automatically after a product deployment.

Hi,

This is exactly what I wanna do. Adding a wakeup call to the end of that task but I don't know how to do it. If I create another task just for that, it will apply to all computers not only the new ones created by our SCCM solution. (image solution)

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Dutchman39
Level 10

Are you doing this deploy via an existing TAG, or Query result?

0 Kudos

It's via a TAG (Send this task to all computers) under \My Organization\Workstation\. Maybe should I do it through a query ?

0 Kudos
Dutchman39
Level 10

Would be no need (although you CAN).

What might just be easier would be to create a 2nd task, to implement against the same TAG as the first task, just scheduled some time (to be determined by you) later...

0 Kudos

Yeah, I think it will be the best solution in that case. Thank you very much Dutchman39 ;-)

0 Kudos