cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ercle
Level 7

Is it possible to create a single task to deploy both DLP and FRMP sequentially?

Hello all,

I have created a single task that will deploy DLP 9.4.2 then FRMP 4.3.1 within the same task and it does not seem to launch the second deployment!

If I setup the task to deploy DLP then FRMP, the task deploys DLP then ePo tells me that the task completed successfully but does not deploy FRMP!?!

If I setup the task to deploy FRMP then DLP, the task deploys FRMP then ePo tells me that the task completed successfully but does not deploy DLP!?!

Should this not work?

Capture.JPG  Capture2.JPG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
johnmoe
Level 11

Re: Is it possible to create a single task to deploy both DLP and FRMP sequentially?

TBH, I've had similar problems with multi-step ENS installs through ePO.  I've wound up creating separate client tasks for each piece, and then using tags to control which one gets deployed; ENS-P goes first, then when ENS-P is installed by ENS-TP isn't, deploy ENS-TP, and when ENS-TP is deployed but ENS-F isn't, deploy ENS-F.  Tedious and time consuming, but I've found it works more reliably than a single multi-step task.

0 Kudos
ercle
Level 7

Re: Is it possible to create a single task to deploy both DLP and FRMP sequentially?

Thanks Johnmoe, I was able to create a task to deploy ENS-P first then ENS-TP right after with success and tried to follow the same guidelines with DLP and FRMP but did not work for some reason.

0 Kudos
ercle
Level 7

So, without any responses, am I to assume that this McAfee feature does not work to very well?

0 Kudos
pierce
Level 13

Deploying VSE,HIPS,DLP(v10) in a single task works fine for me. but trying to squeeze in full disk encryption with that, no luck.

I think if you deploy something that requires a reboot this sometimes stops future deployments until the system has been rebooted and that flag has been cleared, as Johnmoe mentioned your best bet is to configure some automation using tags and then just don't worry about it. The system will get the two deployment tags, and then the two tasks will be assigned and run individually.

0 Kudos