cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it even possible - Agent bundled in Designer?

Jump to solution

Hi Folks,

Tearing my hair out here.

I'm looking to create a package that will install VirusScan 8.8 and Agent 4.6 (in Managed Mode). I plan to use it in an scripted build process we have.

I'm using Installation Designer 8.8 and I can get both Engine and Agent installed silently from the package, but I can't get the Agent to set-up in Managed Mode.

If I manually run Framepkg.exe it will install the 4.6 agent and will check-in fine to EPO.

After consulting the Installation Designer Product Guide I noticed the following statement.

"If you include an ePO agent in the installation package using the Programs option, and want to disable the single tray icon  . . ."

So I assumed that the framepkg/ePO agent should be added into Designer as a Program to run after installation. When I try this I see the following in my logs.

Existing setup program=c:\program files\McAfee\Common Framework\frminst.exe
MSI returned error 1618: Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install

The Agent instalaltion is then rolled back.

I've spent a couple of days searching for an answer and I can't see instructions anywhere to show if the agent can be bundled into the same package as the VirusScan engine and still check-in.

Anyone have ideas on this?

Regards,

Micmaher

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is it even possible - Agent bundled in Designer?

Jump to solution

After days of trying I made the post above . . .

Five minutes later I figure it out!

The custom Framepkg file should not be added into the Programs section in the Installation Designer wizard. It needs to be added on the 'AutoUpdate Configuration' page under the section 'New Common Management Agent Updater Installation File'

Micmaher

2 Replies

Jump to solution

After days of trying I made the post above . . .

Five minutes later I figure it out!

The custom Framepkg file should not be added into the Programs section in the Installation Designer wizard. It needs to be added on the 'AutoUpdate Configuration' page under the section 'New Common Management Agent Updater Installation File'

Micmaher

Troja
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi,

i also have the same problem. I configured anythin like you, but the installation is still not working.

I used this files:

- framepkg.exe from the EPO server (Repository)

- the new Installation Designer for VSE 8.8 P4 (MID88LENRP4.Zip)

- VSE 8.8 Multi P4

Have you used this versions?

Regards,

Thorsten